Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is in the air...


There is a certain something in the air at the moment that I like. Was just taking a stroll after lunch when I noticed the stillness in the air with only the whispering branches and the fierce wind to break it. This combination never fails to soothe me somehow no matter what my state of mind. There is no denying the fact that summer has brazenly made its appearance here. Living in a hot country like mine you cannot help but be affected by this season. An Indian Summer has been the premise of many a fictional work, most of them irresistibly sensuous, evoking images of ripe fruits, bees buzzing around and the hot sun blazing in the sky.

I have always had a love-hate relationship with this season though. It is no doubt a welcome change from the bitter winter days when simply the thought of stepping outside my house gives me frostbite (am a real coward when it comes to a lot of things). There are some things associated with summer that I could do without. If you have ever had to walk for hours on an incredibly hot summer day with nothing to drink you would know what I’m talking about. The suffocating humidity that accompanies the heat in some places can make one really miserable too.

But, I would rather think of summer as a time when I can have my fill of citrusy fruits, freedom to wear beautiful sundresses and spend hours in an impromptu picnic by the lakeside with a lovely book for company.(I am all for any activity that allows me to be lazy, indolent, drowsy etc etc…you get my drift)

Last but not the least, isn’t it amazing… the feeling of walking barefoot on warm dry grass…can you imagine even attempting to do this in winter?

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your posts very much. Here in the Northeast corner of the United States it is not quite spring yet..and I am looking forward to walking on warm green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Elizabeth...thats all I ask for when i'm writing that whoever reads it should enjoy it, if only a little bit.
    Here's to a warm and beautiful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I'm missing spring. I love the spring time. The weather is just perfect, not too hot and not too cold either. And I love how everything is so alive and colorful. =) No more spring time where I am now, it's just summer all through out the year and it is just freaking hot. But yeah, at least I can pull off wearing cute summer dresses and short shorts since it's always summer here. =)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails