Monday, June 28, 2010

This Monday I don't want to lie down and fake death...

                                                                         Monday Minute

This Monday has dawned bright and clear…there is less humidity in the air and I don’t feel as I’m being suffocated to death or swimming in a thick viscous liquid as I try to walk. On this cheerful note I present to you This week’s Monday Minute which is hosted by Ian from The Daily Dose of Reality and is this week being co-hosted by Jana…we share the same name…from Boobies, Babies and a Blog!!!

Has anyone you've known personally lived to at least 100?
My grandma, my father’s mother lived upto a very long age, almost hundred. She was one of the strongest, most beautiful women I have known in my lifetime. I was closest to her of all my grandparents’ and remember her soothing touch as she put me to sleep sometimes.

What material possession do you value the most?
Most certainly my books. I have had a considerable collection since childhood and have a special bond with each one of them. Their weathered dog-eared faces give me a sense of comfort every time I hold one in my hands.

What do you think happens to us after we die?
Hmmm…I haven’t actually given much thought to it. I would like to think there is a giant library somewhere, where people can go and rest eternally, in the company of their favourite books and of course meet the authors who wrote them.

Most embarrassing item in your house?
Would have to be this one item of clothing which I bought during one of my rare moments of fashion amnesia. I actually paid quite a bit for this and regretted buying it the moment I reached home. Although returning it would have been easier I wore this THING out of sheer idiocy and bull-headedness!

and finally...

If you could rename yourself, what would your name be?
Something Greek sounding…probably after one of the gods or goddesses… I simply have this weakness for Greek mythological names and don’t see any reason as to why not.

9 comments:

  1. Longing around reading for eternity sounds pretty good. But I'm dying to know what the item of clothing is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I truly, truly hope my Grnadmother lives to be one hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the greek myths are pretty cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What item of clothing - don't leave us hanging yo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's funny that you'd say something greek because whenever i read your name, i think of the god janus...oh wait, he's roman. never mind!!

    and i like your idea of a giant library in the sky. it sounds so peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we need a photo of the clothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love the post its always quite interesting ...!

    Love
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jana,

    I apologizing for loss of your comments on my blog. I changed my Url id and lost all of the comments. I am so sorry form bottom of my heart. Please accept my apology.

    Love
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh, I must say I would have to agree with you on 'what happens after we die'!! Wow. Yes indeedy. that would be "heavenly"...guess you could say that's a pun, but not intended. Well, okay, maybe it was intended. LOL

    Glad to see you pay a visit over at Hootin' Anni's today, that made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails